People Skills Category Archive

How to Invite Cuddling Without Inviting Sex

Tuesday, October 30th, 2012

I’ve been getting lots of inquisitive feedback regarding my recent article on open relationships, especially with respect to the section on deeper friendships. One question that a few women asked me essentially boils down to this: I really love cuddling, but I have a hard time inviting guys to cuddle with me because they might […]

How to Release Neediness

Monday, October 8th, 2012

Learn to notice and appreciate the hidden abundance obscured by scarcity and lack, and more abundance will flow to you. Although I enjoy some very nice abundance in my life today (time freedom, work I love, travel, wonderful friends, amazing kids), I don’t need anything in particular to feel rich. As I see it, I […]

Dealing With Others’ Insecurities

Monday, September 24th, 2012

How can you effectively deal with other people’s insecurities? What if you and your partner decide to explore open relationships, but when the opportunity to act on this arises, your partner goes a bit kittywompus and becomes extra clingy and uncertain about it? Or maybe you can tell they aren’t feeling so good about it […]

Why Are You Hiding?

Wednesday, April 4th, 2012

In case you thought it was for real, my previous post about the Domination-Submission Workshop was indeed an April Fools joke. Anyone who clicked on the “Register Now” button would have seen the “April Fools” message. I still think the phony D/s workshop sales page was pretty awesome. I also had way too much fun […]

New Domination-Submission Workshop

Sunday, April 1st, 2012

Originally I had planned to hold off on doing any new workshops till the Fall, but I got inspired by an idea for a new one, and I know from experience that it’s important to take action when inspiration strikes. This idea also meshes nicely with the social expansion I’ve been enjoying lately. I’d normally […]

How to Create Intimacy

Thursday, March 29th, 2012

In this post I’ll share some deep thoughts on how to consciously create intimate connections with other people. I’ll also explain the mindset/heartset that can help you overcome any fear of rejection. The Myth of “The One” When I first started out in business (developing computer games in the mid-90s), I sank into debt for […]

Approach Anxiety

Monday, January 23rd, 2012

Several months ago I was speaking with my friend Morty Lefkoe about fears and limiting beliefs that I noticed among my readers. I shared with him that one of the biggest problem areas was approach anxiety. While many readers appear to be very social online, it’s common for them to be pretty socially timid in […]

Love Your Customers

Wednesday, September 14th, 2011

Let me share a possibly unorthodox angle on customer service. One reason my business has been successful is that I enjoy running it. A big part of that enjoyment is that I genuinely like the people my business attracts as long-term customers. I include many of them among my friends and hang out with them […]

Just Frakkin Hug Me

Tuesday, July 19th, 2011

When people offer me a handshake as we meet for the first time, I look at their outstretched hand so as to acknowledge it. Then I look up, smile, and give them a nice, warm hug. I don’t do this 100% of the time… but probably 95% of the time these days. The other 5% […]

30-Day Facebook Fast

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011

It’s been about 30 days since I quit Facebook, so I wanted to share an update on what that’s been like. Many others also quit the service last month, and many more are on the fence as to whether they should do the same. Here are some realizations I’ve had as a result of leaving […]