My wife, Erin, has recently released her new cookbook, Vegan Family Favorites: Tasty and Satisfying Recipes Even Your Kids Will Love. It’s an all-vegan cookbook that contains recipes from her own collection and recipes contributed by readers of VegFamily Magazine. This is a real printed book, not an e-book. Here’s a description from the back cover:
This is not a gourmet cookbook with gourmet ingredients written by a gourmet chef. These are down-home delicious meals perfected by other vegan families that your own family will love. Fast and easy preparation with easy-to-find ingredients make this the cookbook you’ll reach for first.
- Filling Breakfasts, including Fluffy Pancakes, Quiche Lorraine, and Comfort Casserole
- Bountiful Breads, including Maple Morning Muffins, Country Biscuits, and Pumpkin Bread
- Tasty Sandwiches and Wraps, including Pesto Flatbread Sandwich and the Reuben Sandwich
- Fresh Soups and Salads, including Creamy Coleslaw, Tomato Soup, and Hot Potato Salad
- Delicious Dips and Dressings, including Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Guacamole
- Savory Side Dishes, including Mexicali Corn, Herbed Quinoa, and Cheese Potato Casserole
- Enticing Entrees, including Veggies and Dumplings, Chili Con Veggie, and Creamy Pot Pie
- Decadent Desserts, including Peanut Butter Pie, Chocolate Lovers Cake, and Waffle Sundaes
- Sample Menus for special occasions like birthdays, baby showers, holidays, and brunch
- Recipe Quick Lists for when you’re short on time or need something impressive for potlucks
- Ingredient Substitution Guide that is extensive and informative
- Vegan Baking Tips written by a professional vegan baker
Obviously I’m biased since this is my wife’s book, but what’s unique about this book is that my wife called on her readers to submit their favorite family recipes. Then she had other families test each recipe and rate them, and finally she selected the best ones from those. So these aren’t just the recipes of a single chef — the book is a compilation of the best vegan family recipes.
I was involved in testing many of these recipes over the past year. I usually eat very simple foods (like plain fruit and brown rice), or I go all-out and make complicated gourmet dishes. It depends on whether or not I want to take the time to make something really flavorful. I found many of the recipes I tested for this book provide a nice bang per buck — lots of great flavor for very little time involved. I like that because it’s more efficient than making gourmet dishes that take twice as long.
Partly my wife decided to write this book because so many other vegan cookbooks focus on gourmet-style recipes with hard-to-find ingredients. So she wanted to make something that didn’t require you to become a gourmet chef but that also was more useful than, “eat a banana.”
A number of people have been asking me about vegan recipes, so Erin’s book would be a good place to start if you want to casually try some tasty vegan recipes that don’t require you to become a vegan chef to prepare them. Since all the recipes are vegan, they’re naturally 100% cholesterol-free as well (cholesterol is only found in animal products).
Here are my recommendations for products and services I've reviewed that can improve your results. This is a short list since it only includes my top picks.
Site Build It! - Use SBI to start your own money-making website
Getting Rich with Ebooks - Make passive income selling ebooks
Lefkoe Method - Permanently eliminate a limiting belief in 20 minutes
PhotoReading - Read books 3 times faster
Paraliminals - Condition your mind for positive thinking and success
The Journal - Record your life lessons in a secure private journal
Sedona Method - FREE audios to release your blocks in a few minutes
Imaginary Men - Learn powerful growth lessons from 6 men's coaches